Covid-19 Update June 3rd
Following on from the State Government’s easing of COVID-19 restrictions taking effect yesterday, 1 June, this has also meant that we have now been cleared by Archery Victoria and Nillumbik Council to have 20 people shooting at the Club at any one time PLUS other additional people as necessary for the safe operation of the Club, such as Committee members, maintenance and grounds people etc.
So whilst we are able to have additional members shooting at the Club, there is very little else that has changed. There are now additional targets set out on the target range, you are still limited to 1 person per target [2 people can shoot in the same target as long as the cohabitate in the same household]. We are able to do this as out shooting lanes are wide enough to still practice social distancing.
You MUST still register on Archers Diary to come and shoot, and non-shooting family members attending the Club MUST also advise us of their attendance, for contact tracing if required. This is extremely important and is one of the main requirements for the Club to be able to re-open.
Members : Please check your emails for full details, but a few important points to note :
* The Outdoor Target range only is available for practice at DVA
* The Indoor Range and Club rooms remain closed at this stage and should not be accessed
* The Field Course will remain closed whilst we have heavily restricted numbers permitted at the club, but also for both health and safety reasons, the Field Course requires significant maintenance before it can be re-opened
* Only DVA Club members can attend the Club, no visitors from other Clubs or Associate members permitted
* There will be no organised group activities
* The Come N Try sessions are still suspended
* There are no toilet facilities available – this is by order of Nillumbik Council
* Shooting permitted in daylight only hours only – 7:00am to 5:00pm
* Shooting session times remain the same
* If a session is fully booked already DO NOT attend the Club during that time on the chance that someone may not turn up
* If less than 20 people are registered but the timeslot is closed for registrations it will mean that there are other non-shooting people attending the Club, DO NOT attend the Club at this time
* If you book a session please do all possible to attend, if you know far enough in advance please advise the Club so we cancel your registration, which may mean someone else can shoot
* Please adhere strictly to your session time, arrive on time, and when finished please pack up and leave immediately
* Please practice social distancing at all times and adhere to all health and safety guidelines
* If you are unwell, or have any minor symptoms that may be associated with COVID-19 DO NOT attend the Club.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate in contacting any of your Committee members.
On behalf of your Committee – happy shooting everyone !